[oletrucks] 1940 3/4 ton transmission removal

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1940 3/4 ton transmission removal
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 15:41:03 -0400
I rebuilt a 3 speed for my 1940 3/4 ton truck. I have been working on a
bunch of other stuff and I am finally ready to swap it in for the old one.

This set up has two universal joints, one on the back of the tranny and one
in a carrier right behind the first.

Does anyone know how to remove it? I have tried a bunch of stuff and my
owners and shop manual don't go into a lot of detail on removing and/or
disconnecting the universal joints.

Thanks for any help.

Bill Schickling