[oletrucks] are el caminos off topic?

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] are el caminos off topic?
From: "Tom Cooper" <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:16:37 -0400
I hope its ok to ask a question about Chevy El-Caminos, they are close to a
truck , right?
My brother in law has an 84 El Camino with a 305. The temperature gauge
isn't working and he has replaced the sending unit. He also tried another
gauge although it was used, he still did not get any response.
Does anyone know how to run wires from the sending unit to the gauge. Do the
wires go through a fuse or any other type of electrical gizmo? We want to
bypass the existing wires as a check to see if the circuitry in the car is
bad. If this makes the gauge work we will run new wires. There is also a
thin plastic looking circuitry board behind the dash, and I guess its
possible that is bad. I haven't seen the car, I am going from what he told
me.
                Thanks for help and sorry if this is off topic.
                        Tom
                        97 S-10

Don't crush em, restore them.
Rock Hill Classic Chevy