[oletrucks] looking for parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] looking for parts
From: Ss409409hp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:02:27 EDT
       I have a 57 GMC 372 that was used as a road tractor in Texas. It has a
68 427 truck engine with a Dana 4 speed, two speed rear. I am working on her,
and trying to get her set up to keep hauling.She has the setup for the old
vacuum brake trailer, which had a Bendix cotrol on the column. I am wanting
to hook up the air brakes for a regular trailer setup, but need all the parts
and brackets to do so.Does any one out there have a setup they are taking off
to do a conversio? I was hoping I might use the same Bendix control to run
that so she can go both ways. I am also looking for a large trailer. A 20- 25
ton lowboy preferably, that needs some repairs. I can weld with the best of
them, and fabricate, so  a fixer upper is preferred, as I turn a wrench by
trade.There are a lot of local people that need old cars and trucks moved,
but can't afford the price. Also A good used 6000 lb or better winch for the
front of it.

                                           Thanks,
Morgan Sellers
1951 GMC 452 series road tractor