Re: [oletrucks] U-joint removal

To: <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] U-joint removal
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:47:56 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Tim, don't you have the two driveshaft? I think you will have to remove t=
he
center support bearing to let shaft down some. You have the ball on trans=
?
That ball has a collar to unbolt, then the ball section pulls back and
slides down drive shaft some. You may need to scrape/brush off gunk to do
that. You may also need to loosen the gasket collar ring at small end of
ball where it grips the housing. I've never had a four spd with the enclo=
sed
drive before, mine have all been open joints. Even on them I had to lower
the center support or Mid-ship bearing.=0D
=0D
=0D
G. L. Grumpy's=0D
Old Iron Ranch=0D