[oletrucks] donor vehicles for tranny and rear end

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] donor vehicles for tranny and rear end
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:10:06 -0600 (MDT)
Since it looks like I'm just going to replace my entire transmission and
rear end, I'd like to start looking for donor vehicles.  Someone mentioned
using an early model Chevy S-10, since the tranny bolts right up to the
235 (right?).  What about the driveshaft?  Will I have to get it shortened
or lengthened to fit my 1954 Chevy 3100?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
"Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been
sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful,
rebellious, and immature." -- Tom Robbins
"The eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the
planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed
by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace."
-- John F. Kennedy