RE: [oletrucks] RE: Door latch info needed

To: "Ole Trucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] RE: Door latch info needed
From: "Terry Stellman" <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 07:08:12 -0500
Jim,

My problem with the door latches is I have to bring the door to within an inch
or less of closing, roll the window down, grab the door at the bottom of the
window opening with both hands and pull as hard as I can while applying
constant pressure in order to get the door to latch tight.  If I don't do this
the door just pops back open.  Same goes for when I am on the outside closing
the door, I bring it to within an inch or less of closing, push hard with both
hands while applying constant pressure and it latches.  If I stand back and
push it shut with one hand from a wide open position, like a normal vehicle,
the door bounces back open.  If I wasn't so lazy and it wasn't so much a pain
in the butt I would put my old latches back in, at least they weren't as bad.
Rather than do that I would like to fix it right.  That's why I was asking
about the bear claw latch installation.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas