Re: [oletrucks] Lowering stock 55 2nd series

To: Steve@DotComGeeks.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Lowering stock 55 2nd series
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:29:20 -0500
Steve:

Checked my paper catalog (catalog # 24), the name is Poly Ride Liner,
catalog item # 74-935.  Look for it under Chassis Steering Parts.

I can't say how my instructions would work with an AD truck, as I have never
owned one and haven't worked on one for over 30 years (sorry).  Only things
I left out of my article was I recommend buying and installing new fronts
shocks and checking the distance between the leaf springs and the axle
bumper (on the front it is bolted to underside of frame) to make sure you
won't bottom-out.  I have approx. 2-4 inches clearance on my truck, but with
new shocks the bumper never contacts the springs, and if it did, I would
simply trim the rubber bumper to give me more clearance.

Hope this helps.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL