[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1739

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1739
From: Boedigheimer <boedigheimer@stpaultel.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:59:26 -0700
> What can be done if the axles are worn down enough that new seals won't
> stop the fluid leaks? Any contacts on new axles..  --wayne

Any good bearing store will carry the sleeves that press on to replace
the seal surface. The ones I always use are called "speedi-sleeve" but
there may be other brand names. I have had good luck with theim over the
years on tractor shafts that are much more worn that anything our trucks
will ever look like. The box ususally includes a simple installation
tool and instructions. They are pretty simple to install even with basic
hand tools.