RE: [oletrucks] the lost starter

To: "Paul Moon" <capt2th@tehama.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] the lost starter
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:04:35 -0500
My previous response to Paul's request was wrong.  I thought he had a V8.

I checked Hollander's Interchange again for a starter for a Chevy Truck 235
with Hydra-Matic.
The answer isn't much better.  This part was only used on Chevy Trucks with 235
& Hydra-Matic from 55 through 62.  Hollander's says that if you remove the rear
housing from your current starter and place it on a starter from one of the
following it should work:

        55-56 Chevy 235 6 cyl passenger car
        55-59 Chevy 235 6 cyl truck
        58-59 GMC 270 6 cyl