[oletrucks] to 235 or not to 235

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] to 235 or not to 235
From: "Paul Moon" <capt2th@tehama.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 18:40:12 -0700
I have my grandfather's old 55 2nd series.  It was suggested to me that I
replace the engine, tranny and rear end.  I wanted to keep the truck as I
remembered it as a kid.  So I have the 235, hydromatic and only changed the
gear ratio on the rear end.

As it turns out, it would have been much cheaper to have bought a crate
corvette engine, 350 transmission and a Ford 9" rear end.    Believe me, a
real trick rebuild  of the 235 can cost a few bucks.  Admittedly, I added
extras.

Paul
of Red Bluff CA