[oletrucks] another box question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] another box question
From: "R.Oliver" <rtoliver@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 06:09:05 -0700
Hi all......I am getting a lot closer with my `49 GMC ...I would like
to weld the box and rear fenders to make it one unit.I have been
told by friends that the paint will crack if I do this because of frame
twist and the way the box is mounted.I have not boxed the frame
but have two extra crossmembers now(one to mount the 30 gal gas
tank and one with a driveshaft loop)I have a 383 stroker runnning
somewhere around 400hp,700r that has been beefed up and a
Ford 9"  398:1 posi rear end.Are my friends right,is the paint likely
to crack?.....Thank in advance   Bob Oliver