Re: [oletrucks] engine angle

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine angle
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 19:58:55 -0700
Thanks again everyone for your help.  I went to a car show today at Cal Expo
in Sacramento.  Inland Empire Driveline (www.iedls.com) was there.  I asked
the question about what is an acceptable range of degrees.  As mentioned
earlier, if you have a carb. you want it to sit level on top and with the
intake wedge shape, the engine will be slanting a little.  They suggested at
least 1 deg. (for lubrication) and they like to see no more than 3 deg.  But
there's also other vehicles that run 15 deg. etc. (4x4) but you should be
shooting for 2-3 or so.  Since I'm using a fuel injected engine, I'm going
to try and go for 3 deg. (its a tight fit at 5 deg. now).