[oletrucks] Door seal lube

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door seal lube
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:52:00 -0500 (CDT)
Hey everybody ~

I know that this has been discussed but can't find it in the archives.
What is the best lubricant to use when sliding the door opening
weatherstrip into the channel on a 1949 Chevy truck?  The truck manual
calls for a #3692455 GMC product but I doubt if it is available.  I
remember that silicone lube is a no-no because of later painting
problems.   I was thinking of using a liquid soap or something like
that.
Give me your thoughts.

Thanks in ADvance,
Tom