[oletrucks] Instrument paint

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Instrument paint
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:25:44 -0400
Anyone,

I am restoring the instruments on my 1940 Chevy. The face of the instrument
panel is supposed to be painted "Medium Brown". Anyone know where I can get
some?

Mine is so faded, I have no idea what the original color should be.

I'm having fun. I found a 40-46 GMC 80lb oil pressure gauge to replace the
30lb gauge. This should work pretty good with the 235. I have new face
decals for the gauges to hide the GMC gauge.

The GMC dash appears to have an electronic temperature gauge. Anyone know
for sure. The gauge has two terminals. The Chevy gauge has the long
capillary tube running up to the gauge.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill Schickling