Re: [oletrucks] 1951 5-Window 1/2 Ton Questions

To: <jsypolt2001@earthlink.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1951 5-Window 1/2 Ton Questions
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:48:43 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Buy or order all the vendors Catalogs you see, get magazines like Classic
Truck and Study the available parts. If you're gonna be a Rodder type and
not make orig there is plenty out there to change over, just have a BIG
wallet for most items. The later trans and rear is for open drive-line and
higher ratio rear gears I bet. And NO the linkage will not fit your shifter
on column stock, maybe you  can make your own rods or modify to work, not
sure. It's good to have a whole parts car for source, rather than hunting
for every part seperately. Try www.stovebolt.com and visit lounge and other
forums with hop-up, changeover info in them. They have links there also for
the vendor's and sites to find on web.
  I like the old sixes myself, and the four-spds with low first gears in
them and you can have shifter on floor easily that way, no problems. It is
NOT a performance trans in anyway. If you don't like SLOW as in 50 mph most
of time, youbetter goe the Rodding route!

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Big Chevy AD trucks and COE's
MM Tractors