[oletrucks] Re: GUAGE COLORS FOR GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: GUAGE COLORS FOR GMC
From: Boedigheimer <boedigheimer@stpaultel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:42:06 -0700
I am redoing the instument color faces for my 1949 GMC 150. Problem
is that my cluster is from a Chevrolet of similar vintage. I am trying
to find
out what colors the pieces should be. I have the new decals that are
kind of
butterscotch background with brown letters. Is that correct ? What color

is the panel that sits under the glass supposed to be ? The one with
temperature, oil pressure , etc written on it. Does anyone perhaps have
a photo of a correctly done
one they could send me off list. I checked the owners manual I have and
one picture
shows a dark background and the next a light colored one. I am stumped..

Thanks for the help
J Boedigheimer
1949 GMC 150