[oletrucks] 58 PU

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 PU
From: "Robert Kremer" <hrkremer@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:31:12 -0700
A 58 Apache has come to my attention at a friends salvage yard. The body is
rusty, especially at the bottom of the doors and fenders. Cancer eaten
through. The bed is full of carpet and junk and probably very wet. The
interior has most of the original stuff except the radio and ash tray. The
engine turns but I did not start it due to no battery or plug wires and the
speedo has 28K on it with a 100K zero. The six lug wheels are good but the
tires are shot. The last registered tag is 1978. The cab is good but rusty in
all the common low places and the gutter  rail. No major dents and the frame
looks solid and straight as best as I can tell. The doors and the hood all
close solid. I have a spare 327, 4 speed trans, and rear from another truck in
good shape that could be dropped in. But there will be a lot time spent on the
body prep.
The Question is with all the body rust is it worth $400 ?
I value most all opinions.