[oletrucks] those kids and their hot rods

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] those kids and their hot rods
From: Dana Muise <dana@spazzco.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:46:52 -0800
The restoration of my '59 is going to take longer now. On Sautrday some 18 year
old kid, driving 80 mph+ in a hopped up Honda lost control on highway 101 and
fish tailed into my truck. 2002 Honda Prelude v.s 1959 Chevy Apache... no
contest. Although my front fender is totally crushed, that honda bounced off me
like a rubber ball. He was okay, but the CHP were amazed to see a bent fender
on my truck while the Honda was a pile of twisted wreckage.  Driving a classic
truck is like driving a Sherman tank, but I only have lap belts. Had I hit the
imbankment I would have been severly injured (that's if the lab belts actually
held me in place). If I get an insurance claim form this I'm getting Sholder
belts installed.
-Wach out for the kids & their hot rods. (I sound like my father)