[oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] Hydraulic lift

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] Hydraulic lift
From: "glperry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:22:04 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Ron, Auto-RV books by me advertise a company in Indy with lifts of all times
 I also believe the drive ons are limited for space use and type of work
being done. Ok for oil changes and simple adjustments. Any tranny removal or
brake work and it's no good. Have to make sure you have arms in good places
to lift for sure or may drop on you. Some of them list "Truck Adapters"
needed for trucks. I have no idea what they are. Just make sure to get big
enough one. Lots of different ratings. Some are for low ceilings and not too
tall on posts, others are 4 post (usually drive on type), and others are
real tall and need a big barn or special built height on garage to clear.
Seems like their are some Web sites, I just don't have names or addresses
for any. Check magazines for brands and ads. Seems most are selling same few
brands. I'ld like to have one, now that I'm older, but holding my arms
overhead is just as tiring now too. Biggest problem is space taken up by
unit and big enough power source (220 most). I have seen some that are
portable", whatever that really means, think they are lighter ones.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN