[oletrucks] Re: Dusty's GMC longbed - bed cover solution?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Dusty's GMC longbed - bed cover solution?
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 17:15:46 -0800
Hi:
Dave here with an update on Dusty's 1950 GMC. The kid just turned 18, and
for his birthday I ordered him a bedcover. No one makes a hard tonneau for
the longbed, unfortunately, so I ordered Checkmate's "Soft Tonneau" and will
fit a sheet of masonite atop the aluminum framework before putting the vinyl
skin on it. Then it will be a "rigid" tonneau and provide good security.
Anyone out there ever done this yet? I'm awaiting its arrival any time
now....I also have to engineer a locking system for it.
Dave Destler