[oletrucks] Re: TF Front Sheetmetal reassembly

To: lauriecorbett@ns.sympatico.ca, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: TF Front Sheetmetal reassembly
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:51:56 -0600
Mike:

I'd suggest you buy a Chevy Factory Assembly Manual for Task Force trucks.
Most vendors sell them (got mine from Chevy Duty).  Well worth the $20-35
you'll pay for it.  It gives all the details of how not only the sheet metal
is assembled but almost every facet of the truck (electical, mechanical,
suspension and etc.).  Mine was absolutely invaluable when I took my front
sheet metal off this summer for a power steering conversion.

P.S.  When you go back together, make sure you replace all the grommets,
rubber channels and etc.  Nothing worse than reassembling and then having it
rattle and squeak when you go down the road.  I spent an extra 3 days taking
some of my sheetmetal off and remounting with generous amounts of rubber
channels and silicone sealer to get rid of the 'rattletrap' sounds.

Good Luck!
Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL