[oletrucks] Opinions Wanted

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Opinions Wanted
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:00:31 -0600
I am doing some detail work on my 2nd frame up truck and would like to know
what high performance distributor is good... the Mallory Dual Point (and are
the point sets hard to find?) or the Electronic. Also, where do you get
chrome timing covers and some of the other chrome engine detailing. This is
for a 1959 261 engine. I am already planning on a Dual Intake and headers
for dual exhaust. I am new to this so any opinions, ideas, pitfalls I should
watch out for, etc is greatly appreciated. This is going in my 50 Frame-Up
(#2). I plan on driving this truck alot and towing a trailer behind it with
my other 50 frame-up in it to truck shows. So I want a strong engine that
looks great. Also, my road tube is in bad shape so I wondered about taking
this opportunity to install a PCV system. Whats involved in that? And.. my
261 has no oil filter (but has the huge oil lines) and I was wondering if
there is a screw-on type oil filter solution available or what others have
done for an oil filter.

Thanks!

Deve
www.speedprint.com/Deves50