Re: [oletrucks] Vent window Elimination

To: "Old Chevy Pickup" <oldchevypickup@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vent window Elimination
From: "Joe Garcia" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:01:04 -0800
I did that on one door I needed for my 50.

I used the rear glass channel guide track "the one that bolts to the door
jam with the two screws and the screw under the channel up by the window
molding".  I cut an access square hole in the front of the door jam so I
could see how long the brace needed to be from the verticle guide to the
door jam "to keep the guide channel verticle".  I then welded the brace to
the track and spot welded the brace to the door jam.  I spot welded the
upper track to the door.  Then I welded the access hole back.  I cut the
piece of metal away from the top part of the door glass opening "where the
vent window bolted down" to open up the opening for a full glass.  I then
found the spot welds on the door skin that holds the lower vent window
verticle track brace.  I drilled out the spot welds and removed that brace.
I welded up the little notch on the molding that is clearance for the vent
window.

Their was one or two other things that had to do with the glass channeling
and the wisker sweeps but I can't remember right now.

Joe