RE: [oletrucks] panel/school bus

To: "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] panel/school bus
From: "AKBurke" <akburke@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:33:02 -0700
My '49 1/2-ton Panel came with (original?) wood planks....while trying to
find bed strips, Jim Carter's did some research and found there was a later
switchover to plywood (still with strips though)....the bed strips were also
a different length and punch pattern than the pickups.  It took a little
time (I had to ship them a sample of my old strips) but they fashioned new
ones for me.

I also refinised the original pine planks...they are a little beaten-up in
places but look 'period'...and I couldn't walk-on/use the floor if I'd
replaced it with oak 'furniture'.

-A