Re: [oletrucks] 1991 caprice

To: "laurie and mike" <lauriecorbett@ns.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1991 caprice
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:03:06 -0800
I don't know the answer, but the Chevelle wagon I got my rear from had 3.08
gears, which seems to work great under my truck.  However, I've got a big
six with a manual transmission, and I'm not carrying heavy loads, or pulling
a trailer.

Without first thinking through how you plan to use the truck and what motor,
transmission and tires size you'll use, its difficult to determine what
gears are going to work best.