Re: [oletrucks] 66 chevy

To: <Old52pu@cs.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 66 chevy
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 11:50:27 -0500
IT'S A CHEAP FOUR-DOOR! Now that I got that out of my system. Do kids really
want Sedans?? to be cool?  Hardtops and convertibles were the good ones.
Even a four-door hardtop is some OK.  Go to a store and buy a "Low-rider"
magazine, lots of early Impalas in there owned by Chicanos of course. Some
place in Indiana does lots with Impalas, check Hemmings or other mags.
Source 1 as a name comes to mind. Think there are links to chevy and Impala
sites on web, do a search. Impala is same as Bel-Air, just nicer trim.
Sometimes you see Bel-Airs and Biscaynes done up as "racers" or big blocks
in them like 409's and such. Any old Motor's manuals or shop manuals can be
bought on ebay  and several sites on-line again. Miller's is one, Faxon
Literature, not on line, ads in mags, and more. Expect to pay big bucks for
nice ones, maybe like $75.  Try the Haynes brand at Auto-Zone, but probly
too old for those to be printed anymore. Good Luck!

4 door!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com