Re: [oletrucks] power steering for the 41?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] power steering for the 41?
From: ggarrison@hagemeyerna.com
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:23:06 -0500
Take a look at the Corvette power steering setup used from 63 - to the mid
eighties.  I believe the manual and power steering systems used the same
steering boxes.  The power steering control valves and steering connected
to the steering linkage.  Looks like it may be adapted in.

Good luck,
Gary
__________________

I'm going to go way out on a limb here, but I believe that the front
ends were pretty much the same from 41 through 59 (solid axle, leaf
springs, single tie rod.)  Power steering was an option from 55-2
through 59 on these front ends.  The power steering mechanism was
a different gearbox and a hydraulic cylinder that pushed on the tie
rod.  I believe Classic Performance pretty much duplicates this mechanism
for the TF trucks.  Here is where I am really taking a flier.  It
may be possible that these kits would work on an earlier solid axle
truck.

Otherwise, you are pretty much stuck cobbling something together
from a newer steering box.

Bruce K.
57 3200

At Tuesday, 3 December 2002, you wrote:

>Guys Do any of you know if anyone offers a power steering unit that
will work
>with the stock steering arms with the straight axle in the 41?
I know someone
>makes a disk conversion kit for them .
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Pat    67 Nova SS
>         41 Art  Deco chevy truck

This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the named addressee of this message please destroy it
without reading, using, copying or disclosing its contents to any other
person.