RE: [oletrucks] Crazy thoughts

To: "'Steve Hanberg'" <Steve@OldSub.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Crazy thoughts
From: "Thomas, Robert" <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:54:49 -0800
The wheels are 20", 10 lug wheels.  There is a plate over the rim & under
the 5 lugs in order to strengthen the wheel because it is subject to side
loads when turning, something the rear wheels are not.

Replacement wheels are not hard to find.  About 2 years ago, I was referred
to a guy in Portland, OR, who, at that time, would dismount my old 20"
tires, put on a new liner, new tube, and new bias-ply tire for less than
$120/wheel [The number $109 sticks in my memory.]

Both Coker and Michelin advertise tires at the $350 each level. [Check out
their web pages.]

If you have the space, ability to work on it, and, most importantly, an
understanding "significant other," go for it!

RT