Re: [oletrucks] Tranny knowhow?

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tranny knowhow?
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:55:11 -0800
I have a '78 Monte Carlo I bought to supply engine, transmission and IFS for
my '54 1/2 ton.  My Monte has the 350 turbo, and I've wished I had one of
the overdrive types instead.

I saw an article in a recent magazine where they were building the 200 for
performance use.  Apparently it has some advantages, but they were upgrading
some of the parts for this application.  I don't know what your boat and
trailer weigh, but unless its pretty lite and not very far I'd want a
transmission intended for heavier loads.

Now if you're anywhere near Seattle I'd trade you my 350 turbo for the
200... I don't plan to carry or pull anything with this truck.  Its going to
be used like a car.