[oletrucks] Hooray, I finally finished my 1 one piece window project!

To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Hooray, I finally finished my 1 one piece window project!
From: "Wayne Craig" <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:49:46 -0500
  At last I've finally finished converting the door windows on my 53 p.u. from
the 2 piece with the vent windows to one piece windows. I used a kit from
Vintage Glass to convert to the one piece window. The supplied window channels
and brackets took a lot of manipulation and the kit came with no instructions
whatsoever, but I finally got it done. I installed a power window kit from
Juliano's. It came with the switches and was $350.00. It came with some
generalized instructions, but I had to guess at a lot of the installation, and
it involved a lot of cutting for access doors and building some simple custom
brackets. Juliano's advertises some pieces to use to install as a run channel
for the front part of the door after removing the vent windows, but I couldn't
get them to work, and had to go back and use the pieces from Vintage Glass.
After finally getting the power window mechanism installed in the doors, I
used some "magnum shooter" contacts from Dakota Digital to accomplish the
wiring through the door without using any actual wires.
  Thanks to everyone on this list for all the helpful instructions along the
way, especially Joe Garcia who gave a lot of helpful advice.
   Sometime after the holiday's, I plan on writing an article on the
installation with pictures.

Wayne C.