Re: [oletrucks] Signing up for the list.

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Signing up for the list.
From: "Woods and Cindy Houghton" <woodecindy@caverns.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:53:59 -0700
Well I have not been on for a while.  So Hi and Merry christmas every body.
My son and I got started on his 53 five window chevy pick up.  Does anybody
know where I can get a step by step procedure to convert to 12 V from 6 v.
This truck has been parked since 1973 and we pulled the starter off dumped a
1/2 a coffee can of dirt ect out emory cloth the magnet in the field and
cleaned the burshes ect.  You should have seen his eyes when we hoked it up
and it turned over.  The motor turn good.  The wire in this truck are all
shot so as long as we have to rewire the whole thing I figured we should
convert to a 12 volt altanator system.  Another question, how can you time
this truck.  I found no timeing marks on the hermonic balancer or pointer on
the engine.  The engine we rebuilt in the 60's the phone number of the shop
was tw-4699.  Anyway I think it is a 235. It is a1/2 ton and was orgionally
3 on the tree but is now a 4.  So I am not sure it is the orgional engine.
I think it might be newer like about a 58.  Still 6V though.  Help me and my
16 year old son.

Woods
53 5window