[oletrucks] Re:

To: "Woods and Cindy Houghton" <woodecindy@caverns.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:11:42 -0600
Timing mark is ball embedded in flywheel, timed with pointed pin in whole in
bellhousing (behind starter).  With timing light on #1 cylinder & ball &
pointer lined up, set distributor to 0 advance & lock screw & nut on back
side of assembly (toward block; not bolt in block behind dist. toward back
of truck-that should already be locked down on 0 mark).  Then unbolt advance
adjust bolt & set accordingly.

Note, if engine isn't already "hard" timed, put ball in flywheel on pointer
(#1 cylinder SHOULD be a TDC) & then put the dist on the #1 position spark
plug location (gap just starting to open on #1 position).  This should get
close enough to get engine to fire & run.  Then go back to the beginning
instructions in this message.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com