[oletrucks] Searching for Kevin Brown

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Searching for Kevin Brown
From: "Woods and Cindy Houghton" <woodecindy@caverns.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 10:19:33 -0700
Thanks to all who responed. My son and I are on the way to a everyday
driver.  Question 2  The truck is an old farm truck and has been siting
since the cluch whent out in 1972.  We pulled the water pump that was stuck
and would not turn. We took the back off and used a rust cutter to free it
up took 15 min or less.  The whole water jacket might be as rustty.  We are
having the radator re done.  What can we do to clean the water jacket before
we put on the rebuilt readator?  I don't know how long the water pump will
last but it turn real well.  When I was my son's age we used to put a box of
baking soda in a gallon of water then add that to the radator while it was
running.  It would run for a day or two then we did what my dad called hot
flush. we took off the return line on the heater hose and keept water
flowing into the radator untill clean water came out.  I did not what to
expose the new radator to the crap in the water jacket.  Any ideas.

Thanks
Woods and Josh
53 Cheve 5 window