Re: [oletrucks] Need wiring advice

To: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>, <clca@houston.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need wiring advice
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:54:34 -0800
Chuck:

1) If I understand your question, yes, the wire to the brake lights is
replaced by the connection to the switch.

2) Either your diagram and colors are different than mine, or you need to
look at the diagram again.  According to the diagram I have, the Orange
(left) and Brown (right) wires from the switch should be connected to the
bright filaments on the rear.

The cut and tape in the directions mean cut the wire all the way through and
tape it off so it won't cause trouble elsewhere.  In my case I cut in
multiple places and completely removed the existing wires.  I then ran new
wire front to rear.

Smokey:

The red wire attaches to the brake switch in place of the wire that goes to
the rear.  The other connection to the brake light switch should always have
power on it, and can probably be traced back to the fuse box.

The orange wire goes to the left turn/stop light, and the brown wire goes to
the right turn/stop light.

Yellow goes to front left, green to front right.  Black goes to 'L' on the
flasher, Blue goes to 'P' on the flasher.  I think that covers all seven...

The diagram I'm using can be found at
http://www.oldsub.com/TechArticles/Remote_Entry_files/signal_wiring_diagram.
jpg and yes the upper case/lower case must be exactly as I've typed it.

I hope this helps!