[oletrucks] Strange Engine

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Strange Engine
From: Ayelander52@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:16:34 EST
Group:

I believe my mystery has been solved.  Dowloaded some pictures from Carters
on the 261ci.  Went out with my brush and Gunk again (My engine is totally
together running) and found the mysterious casting number where the pictures
said I would.
Also found the double Captains Bars on both sides of the engine.  So I have a
1951 Chevrolet 3100, with a 1959 261ci Block (3759365) and a 1956 235ci Head
(3836848).
Any suggestions?  For the guys that responded, thanks for all the links and
help.

Nick
51-3100