[oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Mesh Air Filter

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] Re: Mesh Air Filter
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:49:41 EST
In a message dated 1/9/2003 8:22:18 AM Central Standard Time,
vwnate1@juno.com writes:

> I just recently found an original oil bath type and was cleaning it
> when the darned rain started, hope to get it finished soon.
> Oil bath types can be wetted using ATF instead of motor oil and this
> will make them less restrictive and self cleaning to boot.

I once found someone's website that detailed the conversion of an oil bath
type air cleaner to a dry paper element style.  The link I saved in my
favorites no longer worked and I never printed it out or downloaded it.  Any
one have this info or maybe done this yourself?  Is it possibly a list
member?

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside