[oletrucks] engine/tranny removal question?? (41)

To: "Truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] engine/tranny removal question?? (41)
From: "Pat Cossey" <ccossey@seark.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:36:51 -0600
Hi guys! Can any of you tell me can the tranny and eng. be removed as a unit ?
Also how do you remove the shifter from the top of the 4 speed tranny? do you
remove the pin or take the top plate off?  Looks like I can remove the combo
as one unit if the shifter is removed?
 Never seen a cross member rivited in that I can recall! I have the floor pan
out and the Radiator and hood and fenders well you get the pic.
Also the rear shaft on the tranny,do you unbolt the the short shaft section
from the rear of the tranny or try to remove by just removing the u joint at
the swing berring?   Thanks for any help!!

Pat    67 Nova SS
         41 Art  Deco chevy truck