RE: [oletrucks] Body Work

To: "Ric McAnulty" <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Body Work
From: "haist" <haist2@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:53:32 -0800
"Bondo" was one of the first polyester resin-based fillers developed in the
mid 1950s.  40% polyester and 60% talc.  Today, the premium fillers use very
fine grin talc to provide superior workability, sandibility and feathering.
High quality resins ensure excellent adhesion and quick curing. Most plastic
fillers today an be grated in 10 to 15 minutes.  Note I said "premium
filler".  The higher priced stuff is well worth the money. I took a couple
of collision repair classes and we weren't allowed to use the "B" word
around there.

Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA
Chevy trucks: 1928,1939,1946.