Re: [oletrucks] AD truck crewcabs

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD truck crewcabs
From: "Mike Boteler" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:27:08 -0500
The cab extension on that fire truck more than likely was installed by the
fire body company.  If you look close you can see the fire pump suction and
discharge connections coming out of the cab sides.  My guess is this was
done to keep the pump inside the heated cab to prevent freezing.  I bet you
can't hear yourself think inside the cab with the pump running....

My fire truck is from PA and the high pressure hose reels located on top of
the tank are inside of a "garage" to prevent freezing.  There is also a heat
shield "belly pan" under the truck to direct the heat up to keep the pump
warm.

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake