Re: [oletrucks] New MII crossmember

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New MII crossmember
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:45:54 -0800
I'm curious about the bolt-on feature myself.  i quizzed the guy at Chassis
Engineering about it.  His opinion was that welding can cause frame warping,
plus he said their bolt ons capture both the upper and lower flanges on the
frame channel so the frame doesn't need boxing.  At least one of the weld on
units I checked out recommended boxing the frame from the cab forward.  Any
input from you guys would be appreciated.

Harry
1955 1st Series Chevy
Reno