Re: [oletrucks] Swap meet

To: daveshier@hotmail.com, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Swap meet
From: Rick N Wagner <rnwagner@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:36:27 -0600
I will be going to the Wichita swap for sure. I have been the last three
years and there is always plenty to see and look for. Lots of old stuff.
Lots of truck stuff too!  On the Omaha swap... I was able to get a number
and called the guy this evening. Dave is the contact @ 402-734-1651. He
said it is a Saturday only meet, set up is tomorrow for sellers. He did
say that this was the 13th year for this swap. It is inside. He also said
it was a mainly high performance type of swap, i.e. drag race, circle
track, and street machine stuff. Not usually much old parts or antique
parts, but some. I did not get a location...brain fart I guess :-(   I
suppose you can give him a call if you are close or really interested.
The folks at Bow Tie Bits can tell you about the Wichita swap, or you can
call Otto at 316-722-8993. There is also a smaller swap in Gardner Ks on
Feb 20th. John is the contact for this one at 913-856-7171. I have been
to this one a couple of times because it is so close to me, just south of
Kansas City a few miles. Product can very. And then there is the Ararat
Shiners swap at the Woodlands Race track ( horse and dog track) west of
Kansas City just North of the Kansas Speedway. It happens April 12th and
13th. This swap has really grown the last few years and some good deals
can be had both days. Although Saturday is the best day of the two. Here
is the number if you want more info on this swap...816-923-6220. I love
swaps...just the whole atmosphere is fun to me. Some day I have to do the
big swaps out East. I will need some money and vacation to do those. A
runnin mate would make more fun and ease the driving some. Spring is just
around the corner. Better get those tools organized and ready to do some
wrenchin'. Most of all have fun! I will shoot out some more on swaps when
I get the info. Later