[oletrucks] 59 engine colors-sales brochure

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 engine colors-sales brochure
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 11:20:59 -0700
I have some 59 truck sales brochures, including for big trucks and El
Camino/Sedan Delivery.

The engines shown in the brochures are artist drawings of photographs,
but what's interesting is the colors.  It appears to me that the colors
are accurate to some extent, because the car type engines are blue (6),
and orange (V8), while the pickup engines are gray, and the big truck
engines are green.  I've seen a few green big truck engines, and I even
have a pair of original unmolested green 348 heads.

So, after all this, I guess I'm finally convinced that the 235 engine
that my son Gary is building for a 56/57 truck project should be painted
gray to be original.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!