Re: [oletrucks] Replacement rear end questions

To: <rsain@gte.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Replacement rear end questions
From: "Vonne Volwerk" <chevy@zeelandnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 01:05:30 +0100 (West-Europa (standaardtijd))
Hi Ryan,

In the summer of 2002 I replaced the original rearend in my 1958 with a
rearend out of a 1980 Chevrolet Blazer, the rear axle is allmost the same
width from baking plate to backing plate.
I carefully removed the leafspring plates from the old axle and from the new
axle because the leafsprings from the TF truck are smaller than from the
Blazer.
I welded the old leafspring plates on the new axle and that was all I have
to do, even the original brake line fit on this new Blazer axle the same on
the emerg. brakes the old cables from my truck fit fine on the Blazer
hardware.
This Blazer axle was from a 4x4 with a 1:3.58 ratio, the brake drums are a
bit larger so the whole setup is a little to width.
I run tires 255-70-15 on the back and they are still within the fenders.

Greetings
Peter Volwerk
'58 3100 Stepside from the Netherlands