[oletrucks] A New Member's Plan

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] A New Member's Plan
From: "j.b. m." <quin5chevyguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:46:21 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone. I've caught the classic chevy bug when I noticed several 55-57
chevy trucks in my neighborhood that's being treated like redheaded step
children. All but one, it's under a shed but I never seen it move in my 26
years on this earth, is just rusting away in the elements. I'm gonna try and
rescue one, maybe more , when I finish saving up enough cash and create me a
nice driver. The plan is to do a frame up resto but adding some modern comforts
along the way; like power disc brakes, power steering, high rearend gear ratio,
maybe overdrive, cushy seat, sound system, couple more ponies under the hood,
nice red paint job, crome rims, etc, etc,. But before I can do a frame off
resto, I have to lift the cab and bed off. Could anyone suggest a safe method
of doing this without ending up with the cab bending like a pretzel? I'm gonna
be doing most of the work myself, and a local buddy or two, and only have a
simple garage and old chain hoist. Any info will be greatly appreciated.