[oletrucks] New Project

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New Project
From: "Dean Stoops" <67gto@myvine.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 18:12:25 -0500
Hi,
This will be my first old truck project. I'd like to build a truck based on
the 49-55 Chevy panel, suburban, or pickup. If I do the pickup I'd like to
extend the cab to provide more interior room and allow reclining seats. I'm
thinking of using a 2 WD 3/4 or 1 ton chassis (maybe even a dually) with air
bag suspension and a 6.5 Turbo-Diesel engine. I'd like to be able to pull a
12,000# trailer. Has anyone set the older body on a late model (1988-98)
chassis? I've seen this done with COE's with a lot of modifications.
I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks,

Dean