Re: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:30:07 -0600
Real dumb question, but since you didn't cover it, I have to ask.
Did you in fact check that there is any oil in the engine?  That's
almost what this failure sounds like, a pump loosing and catching
prime.

Also, isn't there a screen on the pickup for the oil pump?  That
could be plugged and cause this.  It is real important to find out
what it is plugged with.

Could be the pump or pressure relief valve stuck open. (do these
trucks have one?  They must have.  I don't have my manual handy and
don't remember.)

Bruce K
Mt. Iron, MN