RE: [oletrucks] Another 58 GMC Question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Another 58 GMC Question
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:47:11 -0700
Cameo numbers were very low in 1958, I believe because of the metal
Fleetside box.

There is a 1959 Chev Cameo in central Alberta that attends most of the shows
I have been to. If memory serves me right his display sign states 1958 Cameo
production at around 350. This may be Canadian figures.

Blaine

I know that the Fleetside (Chevy, I can't remember what GMC called them)
beds came out in 58.  I assume that they replaced the Cameo option which
used the same bed as the stepside, just different fenders and tailgate.