[oletrucks] Introduction - 58 Chevy

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Introduction - 58 Chevy
From: "John Melon" <john@flyingmelons.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:19:37 -0700
Hello All:

This is my 1st post to the list and I wanted to share my new-found joy. I'm
now the proud owner 1958 Chevrolet Grain Box Dump. It has the drum
parking/emergency brake on the trans and a single speed rear. I believe it
to be 1 1/2 ton, but am not quite sure. The moldings on the fenders read
"Chevrolet 40" & "Viking" but I haven't found any references to these yet.
Does this mean it's the 4000 series?

The green is so faded that I thought it was original until I popped the hood
and saw it was originally blue. I'm looking forward to restoring and using
this one and am open to any information any of you have regarding vehicles
of this type. It can be seen at:
http://www.flyingmelons.com/JDM/1958Chevy/

Regards,

John Melon