[oletrucks] Miata door handles?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Miata door handles?
From: "Alain Leclerc" <al69leclerc@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:18:39 -0600
Hi there, I'm still in the planning stages of what to do with my truck,
don't want to do too much until I have a better idea of where I'm going with
it.  I intend on putting it on a full sized car frame which will
automatically lower it, then hopefully put some air-bag suspension on
there... Maybe a Cadillac or Impala ('85-'92) with 61" wheel base.(my truck
frame is bent and the truck itself needs new everything, it's been sitting
in a field for ever) anyways, I heard somewhere that using the Mazda Miata
outter door handles on a TF is fairly straight forward and sounds like
something I'd like to look into a bit further... Does anyone have any
experience doing this?  It would give the truck a nice shaved look without
spending thousands, and can be painted the same color as the truck.  Can't
really afford the automatic-opening doors just yet...  Maybe later.  Are
there pros & cons to this that anyone knows of?  I can't remember where I
heard this from.  Or maybe is there another donor vehicle that would work
better.  I wouldn't really use anything else from the Miata... Any advice
much appreciated.  Thx in advance.

Alain
56 Chevy 1300 (just getting started)
Manitoba, Canada