[oletrucks] Front wheels look like "Bambi on Ice"

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Front wheels look like "Bambi on Ice"
From: "Wayne Roworth" <wroworth@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:10:27 -0500
Hey there. Almost finished my IFS conversion. Big day today. Actually drove
out of the garage and on to the street. Did some turns and put her back in.
Man is power steering great or what! Found out a few bummers. Need a new
steering box and power steering pump. They leak and squeal. That's what you
get for salvage!
My question today is when you look straight at in front of the truck the
wheels are pointing out at the bottom, sort of like Bambi's legs splayed on
the ice. Not bad but noticeable. Is this normal? Did I miss something?
P.S. Thanks to all who pointed me to NAPA for the brake line reducers. Got 'em
quick. NAPA did throw me a curve where I lost 4 hours of my life though.
Turned out one of the calipers in the right box was wrong and the only
difference was the brake line fitting, machine thread verses coarse thread.
They tried to supply the right banjo bolt but could not and then someone
noticed it was the wrong caliper after 4 hours and 6 trips back and forth!

Wayne - '47 1 Ton Panel